You're brilliant at what you do. Only the world and, most importantly, your clients don't seem to understand that yet.
They can be late to pay, they delay projects, they forget to show up for your meetings, & they sneak things in to the project that are outside the scope of what you originally agreed.
That's because the way you write, talk & communicate about your work is just as important as the work itself. And in online business, that means mastering the art of email.
All your communication makes a statement about who you are, how much you should be paid, and whether you’re worth it.
In other words... your email communication has everything to do with your success as an online business owner.
Whether you're raising your prices, selling yourself, saying NO, or setting client boundaries, you've got to do it in a way that delights your clients and makes them respect you.
You deserve to be able to talk about your work in a loud, proud voice – especially to your existing clients.
Don’t let awkward emails rattle your client relationships – I’ll show you how to tackle 15 sticky client situations and set beautiful business boundaries with grace and ease.
Luckily, it's infinitely easier than you might think.
Introducing... How Should I Say That?: 15 Email Scripts for Hassle-free Client Relationships & Keeping Projects on Track.
It's a digital toolkit of cut-and-paste scripts that you can use whenever you get into communication strife & don't know what to say or how to say it tactfully so that your clients still respect you.
Once you've got these 15 cut-and-paste email scripts in your arsenal, you will:
- Handle any awkward business conversation like a pro -- Finally know what to say & why, so that you get the results you want, while also maintaining strong relationships with the people who matter.
- Sound like your real, offline self -- no more trying to be someone you're not when you need to set boundaries or say no. Cut & paste these scripts to confidently tackle any business problem like a champ.
- Stop wasting time wondering what to say & have more time to focus on what you do best -- get to the point quickly & easily, so that you can get back to the really fun (and important) work in your business.
these made my life so much easier & have taken away a lot of the overwhelm
"The scripts are amazing! I've put them all in my email as canned responses and used the 'not a good fit' one recently and received a positive response.
The scripts also inspired me to create my own for onboarding clients & it's made my life so much easier and taken away a lot of the overwhelm I used to feel. Thank you!"
--- Bianca McKenzie, biancavanmeeuwen.com.au
client email scripts for every situation
In this digital toolkit, you’ll find 15 email scripts for:
1. asking for referrals
2. asking for testimonials
3. following up potential clients
4. raising your prices
5. declining bad fit clients
6. firing a client
7. when a client request is out of scope
8. when payment is overdue
9. when you need to stop work due to a late payment
10. when the project brief is vague and unhelpful
11. dealing with no-show clients
- An explanation of why each of these scripts works so that you know what to keep & what to tweak.
- 6 essential tips for writing great emails.
these saved me so much time, stress & thought when i just didn't have it
“Alyssa's email scripts were a godsend! Honestly, so spot on in terms of content but with her added copywriting love and genius. I was actually amazed at her generosity with these too -- talk about giving your secrets away. AND I have totally used them. It's saved me so much time, stress and thought when I just didn’t have it and helped me get more done at times when I've been completely snowed under. This girl is so insightful & intuitive and these scripts are just the tip of the iceberg - grab them while you still can!”
--- kate mccormack, katemccormack.com.au
Don't just say you're a pro. show it in every single email you write to your clients.
Pitching yourself for opportunities, boundary-pushing clients, failed payments, selling yourself & raising prices are all a natural (albeit, often uncomfortable) part of doing business. It's how you handle those situations and what you say in those a w k w a r d moments that's the difference between an amateur & a total pro.
These 15 email scripts will walk you step-by-step through exactly what to say & how to say it, so that you're never tongue-tied or afraid to hit send on that important email ever again.
Because you're a professional, so lets make sure everyone knows it.